Sunday, May 31, 2009

"My Montana"

Up to this point this trip has been Darcy's....I have been a willing participant and chaufeur but it has been hers. This part however is mine. I have always wanted to see the big sky of Montana. If I didn't have committments in Maine I would not leave. We were both afraid since we have just left the Canadian Rockies that Montana and Glacier National Park wouldn't stack up. We were wrong. It has lived up to all of my expectations. Very few thing in life have...We rode the bike 7 hours to go 13 miles up the mountain into Glacier as Logan Pass at the Continental Divide still has 80 feet of snow. They hope to have it open by June 16th. The ranger showed us a picture of her back yard 5 weeks ago with 2 deer walking across the lawn...the only thing that you could see were their heads! The trip still was beautiful. I love snow when it is 75 degrees outside.

1 comment:

Kay Hardy Campbell said...

Wow - gorgeous! When I read Gary your entry, he recalled Missoula from the time he was hopping trains from Minneapolis going to Portland. In Missoula, the police forced him to give up train hopping and put him on a bus! Ahh...the good old days. The mosquitoes and blackflies are still doing their thing here at the lake.